Culture.si Content Reuse/Worldwide Events Listings
Worldwide events on Culture.si
We collect information about upcoming exhibitions, screenings, concerts, performances, readings, residencies, and other events and activities involving Slovene artists and producers abroad.
Up to now we have collected around 3900 events. See the Event Listings.
Events organisers and producers are encouraged to send us their events for inclusion in our listings. In addition to posting your events on Culture.si, you can post the Culture.si data feed on your own website. This document explains how.
In 2014 we have developed the interactive world map: Culture from Slovenia World Map.
- Producers - national and municipal cultural institutions or non-governmental cultural organisations with an international programme
- Specialised portals - Sigledal.org - Slovene theatre portal for theatre events, Sigic.si - information on Slovene music for music events abroad
- Embassies and consulates (Newsletters) - "supported by an Embassy/Consulate" in most of the cases means promotional support (sending out invitations), and not also financial or organisational support. In case of the latter the event is indicated by "organised by an Embassy/Consulate"
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Agencies - Slovenian Book Agency, Slovenian Film Centre
- Creative Europe Desk Slovenia
- Media (newspapers, TV (e.g. MMC portal))
- Social media
- Web sources - international cultural portals (Culturenet.hr)
A LIST OF SOURCES Culture.si:Worldwide_events_sources
The archive of events can be filtered:
- by year (since 2010)
- by country (currently 80 countries)
- by discipline (e.g. theatre, visual arts, film, design, education, intangible heritage, etc.).
Here you can find an archive of cultural events related to Slovenian Embassies or Consulates abroad: Events of Slovene Embassies and Consulates.
First, we use the following criteria in selecting events to be listed:
- events organised by Slovene producers, featuring professional art and artists;
- participation at international festivals;
- contributions by Slovene researchers at international conferences related to arts & culture;
- selected public events organised by Slovene embassies (cultural weeks, events at notable venues)
The Culture.si worldwide events listings do NOT cover:
- closed events that are not accessible to the wider public (for instance closed university lectures and regular events of Slovene language university departments abroad; the Embassies events for closed groups)
- amateur cultural events (for instance small-scale events of the Slovene communities abroad)
Reusing our data
There are various ways you can reuse the events listings data for your needs:
- filter and export data in the upcoming events as well as archives
- the Worldwide Events Listings can also be furnished with free images from the Culture.si database or with sections of articles about producers or art groups.
How to contribute your events (instructions in English)
Please send us information about your international event ASAP! For more info, please contact, Culture.si Worldwide events editor.
To contribute to Culture.si you need to contact the Editorial Desk.
- name of event and the names of featured artist(s), researcher(s), producer(s)/art group(s) (connected to Culture.si database)
- city, country
- date of event (start & end date)
- web link to event programme ! (organiser, venue web page) - preferably in English;
All five pieces of information are obligatory for the event announcement.
Najave dogodkov prejemata uredništvo po e-pošti:
Potrebujemo naslednjih pet podatkov:
- KAJ - delo, avtor, producent/organizator (slo) (v primeru podpore ambasade, navedite tudi to)
- PRIZORIŠČE (ime festivala)
- KJE - mesto (mesta), država
- KDAJ - datum začetka in zaključka
- POVEZAVA - spletna stran organizatorja, prizorišča (v angleščini, če ta obstaja), kjer je objavljena informacija o dogodku oz. program
To so podatki, ki so nujni za objavo na Culture.si. Prosimo predvsem za povezavo, saj ta prinaša več podatkov o dogodku!